Join us for a special workshop delivered by Maia Heyck-Merlin, Founder and CEO of The Together Group, former Chief Talent Officer for Achievement First, author of The Together Teacher: Plan Ahead, Get Organized, and Save Time! and The Together Leader: Get Organized for Your Success – and Sanity!
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
Why Attend a Together Teacher Workshop?
Effective teaching requires strong planning, time and task management, and organizational systems. Without a clear system to sort through the daily deluge, you can easily lose sight of what you need to accomplish in your classroom. The cost of not having a plan for how you spend your limited “free” time is enormous. Your students suffer, you sleep too little, and you feel overwhelmed—a dreadful combination that doesn’t help anyone. Thankfully, with some intentionality, routines, and habits, it is possible to be an effective teacher—and have a life!
This workshop is open to educators at all levels working in a classroom environment, who spend most of their days with “fixed” time slots. Participants should have a clear instructional core to their daily job routine. Please note, this workshop is not for leaders who choose how they spend their time and manage other people’s time.
You Will Learn To:
- Consolidate your many school calendars (field trips, testing, holidays and more!) into one Comprehensive Calendar
- Track long-term to-do’s and ideas through an Upcoming To-Do List
- Plot how to use your limited amount of “free time” each week through the personalized design of a Weekly or Daily Worksheet
What Past Teachers Say:
“This was such a wonderful workshop! I’ve never even been exposed to how to stay organized as a teacher and this workshop gave such practical and implementable next steps. Thanks so much!”
“This session was transformational! I am inspired to become more organized! I attended the half-day version, and I would totally go to a longer one! Who knew that getting organized could be this fun?!”
You Will Receive:
- A complete electronic package of Together Teacher templates for personal customization
- Samples packet with over 40 examples of organization systems from educators of diverse backgrounds, content areas, and organizational approaches
- A copy of The Together Teacher: Plan Ahead, Get Organized, and Save Time!
- An organizational folder with blank templates already prepared
Pricing: $375 per person (includes breakfast and snacks, all materials, copy of The Together Teacher book)
Dress code: Comfortable business casual
Travel: Teachers are responsible for their own travel logistics.