Thanks so much for your incredible contributions to our Get-Ready-For-Next-Year-List! Follow the link to download your very own copy to satisfy your list-making-pleasure—and make preparing for next year a little easier!
Based on your feedback, we created the checklist in Microsoft Excel and we added:
- Category of work so you can determine which type of work you want to do when
- Sortability—and some technical directions if you want to show off your Excel prowess!
- Time estimates—in case you have just 15 minutes, you can still make progress
- Print-friendliness—in case you want to print the list and carry it with you!
- Room for you to add your OWN entries and categories
We recommend creating your Get-Ready-For-Next-Year-List and then referring to it during your Weekly Round-Up! I bet you will see changes and adjustments. Lists are meant to live, so keep reviewing and adjusting!
And. . . Congratulations to our three contest winners for their contributions! They won a copy of The Together Teacher to help them manage their time, to-do’s and stuff!
Holly P—After retiring from Chicago Public Schools, Holly now serves as an adult educator—teaching advanced GED courses! She noted a great idea about tracking professional development hours.
Mason B – A third grade self-contained teacher in Chicago! Mason really like the idea of a classroom design category—and getting some of the legwork done now!
Michelle K – Ah middle school math teacher in California! Michelle had the wonderful idea of getting super concrete about what professional reading you want to accomplish this summer—and limiting to three books!
As always, thank you all so much for contributing to the success of others! We’ve got quite a growing Together Community here.