Join us for a special workshop delivered by Maia Heyck-Merlin, Founder and CEO of The Together Group, former Chief Talent Officer for Achievement First, author of The Together Teacher: Plan Ahead, Get Organized, and Save Time! and The Together Leader: Get Organized for Your Success – and Sanity! To view all offered workshops, be sure to click "Show me more dates" under the list below!
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
In order to complete the registration form, you must provide:
- Your payment method for your registration fee (credit card or check)
- Contact Information for your billing contact (name, e-mail, and mailing address for the person receiving your invoice)
- Your school or organization's tax ID number
Details and Workshop Objectives
Why Attend a Together Training?
Effective project management requires strong planning, clear communication and airtight execution. Without a clear road map to guide your plan from start to finish, it's easy to lose sight of your intended outcome. Stakeholders suffer, colleagues are delayed, decisions are rushed, and you feel overwhelmed.
But if you can develop a crystal clear vision, define roles and responsibilities, and draft a predictable communication plan, project management doesn’t have to be a scramble! In fact, it can even be fun!
This workshop is open to anyone who manages projects in a mission-driven context, whether a nonprofit, school, or district/central office.
Note that this workshop is NOT focused on specific project management technology, but instead on strategies for planning, communication, investment, and execution.
You Will Learn To:
- Align others around your project outcomes through the creation of a Project Statement and Summary
- Download all of your To-Dos into your project management tool of choice
- Calibrate your calendar by carefully aligning dates with other organizational happenings
- Identify upcoming questions, design tight recommendations, and drive others to finalize decisions
- Create effective, joyful and productive team meetings and updates
- Debrief and codify project takeaways for future application
A current project that will kick off within 4 weeks of the workshop date. This could be anything from planning the school talent show, to creating a new staff handbook, to rolling out new technology, or overseeing an office move.
What past participants are saying about this workshop:
"After getting the time to really look through my upcoming project, I realized I hadn’t thoroughly thought out ALL of the people / stakeholders / helpers, and the tasks they’ll be completing."
"I just love the way Maia’s workshops are organized --pun intended! Here’s what’s something is; here’s why and how it can help you; here’s some examples; go forth & make it your own!"
"I liked the structured pre-work, then focused time within the sessions to put that learning to use, as I am a concrete learner that learns best by doing - so hearing about it, talking about it, then working on it meant it was more meaningful/sticky."
You Will Receive:
- A complete electronic package of Together Project Manager templates for personal customization
- A samples packet with over 50 examples of various stages of project management
- A copy of The Together Leader: Get Organized for Your Success – and Sanity!
Pricing: $575 per person (includes breakfast and lunch and materials above)
Dress code: Comfortable business casual
Travel: Participants are responsible for their own travel logistics
|The Together Leader 201||Register interest|